The biggest annual gaming event, E3 – the Electronics Entertainment Expo, has seen the debut of countless consoles, blockbuster game franchises and ground breaking technological innovations. Last year saw the emergence of cloud gaming, the release of two new consoles and trailers for major titles like Titanfall.
Since this is such a major industry event, there have been countless rumors over what to expect at this year’s E3. Here’s the NerdAtlas list of rumors to keep an eye on in the next couple of days:
- Make-Your-Own-Mario game – This rumor has been bouncing around the internet for a couple of weeks now. According to a leaked picture from Nintendo Enthusiast, allegedly Nintendo’s booth on the E3 show floor features an unannounced 3DS game called Mario Maker. It would seem that users would be able to use the touch screen and stylus to create their own playable Mario Land game. If it’s real, this will be a big game for the 3DS.
- Majora’s Mask comes to 3DS – Fans have been clamoring for a Majora’s Mask remake for years, and several Nintendo employees have commented on their desire to remake the popular N64 title. With the release of last year’s A Link Between Worlds, the game featured several teasers that point towards Majora’s, so fans are hopeful we might see an official confirmation of the title coming to 3DS this year.
- Resident Evil 7 Reveal – The game has been rumored to be in production since 2012, which would put the title on track for a E3 2014 debut. I imagine we’ll at least see a official trailer at the event.
- Project Beast – It’s been long rumored that Sony and From Software (Dark Souls II) have been working on a project together. With the emergence of several screenshots on the Internet, fans and games news outlets are speculating we might see something official from Sony this E3.
- New Tomb Raider Title – Square Enix has reportedly registered for two domains, indicating two new entries in the Tomb Raider series. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which could be a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Square has officially confirmed that they are working on a sequel to last year’s Tomb Raider reboot, so this rumor has some credence.
- Half Life 3 – Depsite Valve’s official statement that we would not see Half Life 3 at E3 2014, people are still speculating that they could surprise gamers with what could be the most sought after sequel in the history of gaming. Supposedly, there have been industry witnesses to concept art for HL3, so people have jumped on the hype train already. I would bet significant money that there’s NO WAY we are going to see any Half Life at this year’s E3, but you never know…